This exercise will help you to review more of the important words that we use to join ideas in an essay, a verbal presentation or sometimes in everyday speech.
Exercise 1 Put the following words and expressions into their correct place in the table depending on their function.
Exercise 2 Complete these sentences with one of the words or expressions from above. In most cases, more than one answer is possible.
Addition, equation, and conclusion
Put the following words and expressions into their correct place in the table depending on their function.
Related Posts maybe you like:
Complete these sentences with one of the words or expressions from above. In most cases, more than one answer is possible.
1. Tourism brings much needed money to developing countries. ______________, it provides employment for the local population.
2. ______________ bringing much needed money to developing countries, tourism provides employment for the local population.
3. Tourists should respect the local environment. ______________ they should respect the local customs.
4. ______________ industrial waste, pollution from car fumes is poisoning the environment.
5. In order to travel, you need a passport. ______________, you might need a visa, immunization shots, and written permission to visit certain areas.
6. Drugs are banned in Britain. ______________ weapons such as guns and knives.
7. All power corrupts. ______________, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
8. You shouldn’t smoke, drink, take drugs, or eat unhealthy food. ______________, you should live a more healthy lifestyle.
9. The ozone layer is becoming depleted, the air in the cities is becoming too dirty to breathe, and our seas and rivers are no longer safe to swim in. ______________ pollution is slowly destroying the planet.
10. Your grades have been very poor all year. ______________ you need to work really hard if you want to pass your exams next month.