Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Self-confidence is the most important factor for success in school or at work.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Self-confidence is one very important factor for success, but there are two other equally important factors: knowledge and sensitivity. All three are required for success in any area.
- Toefl writing: Do you support building a high school in your neighborhood?
- Toefl writing: Why do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports?
- Toefl writing: Do awards and prizes serve a useful purpose?
- Do you prefer working for a large company or working for a small company?
- Toefl writing: What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress?
One needs to feel one can accomplish a task. If one thinks he or she is incapable of doing something, he or she will not succeed. For example, if you think you are going to do poorly on an exam, you will probably do poorly. It is important to tell yourself that you can do well. If you have confidence in yourself, you will probably do well.
Even if you have a great deal of self-confidence, you won’t be able to well on the exam without knowledge. You have to understand your subject very well. With knowledge and self-confidence you have a better chance of success.
In areas other than exams, you will need to be sensitive to your surroundings in order to succeed. You will need to know whether to boast about yourself or be modest; you will need to know whether you should take the lead or let others. This is a difficult skill to learn, but an important one for success.
To be successful in school or work, you need three qualities: self-confidence, knowledge, and sensitivity. Along, none of these factors will help you succeed. But together, they ensure success.