Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Games are as important for adults as they are for children.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Everyone likes to play games. Games are important at any age to keep your mind sharp, learn new things, and maintain social skills.
- Toefl writing: Do awards and prizes serve a useful purpose?
- Do you think teenagers should have jobs while they are still students?
- Toefl writing: Describe the most important qualities of a leader
- Which is more important for success: the natural ability or hard work?
- Toefl writing: One important skill to be successful in today’s world
People say you can’t teach old dog new tricks. Modern research has shown that senior citizens can continue to grow brain cells by exercising their mind. Games are a great way to exercise your mind. By concentrating on the tactics of the game, memorizing moves, keeping track of your opponents’ strategies, you can keep your brain functioning and growing.
Some games can teach you a lot. Games that ask questions, for example, will show you what you don’t know. (Name the capital of Albania, for example.) It is always easier to learn something when you realize you don’t know it.
When you play a game, you have to be considerate of your opponents. You can observe people’s reactions and the way they interact as they play. It is always interesting to watch people. Maintaining personal contacts is important for everyone.
Regardless of your age, playing games can help you keep your mind alert, learn new things, and build friendships.