In your country, is there more need for land to be left in its natural condition or is there more need for land to be developed for housing and industry?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Related Posts maybe you like:
- Will you choose classes with lecturers talking or focusing on student activities?
- TOEFL Writing Topic: Studying Alone vs Studying in group
- Toefl ibt writing: Why do people remember special gifts they have received?
- You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice.
- Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made
Even though our population is increasing and land is needed for housing and development. I would hope that our country could save the land in its natural state for future generations to enjoy. This land would be good for promoting tourism, for preserving the environment, and for remembering our history.
Although tourism has many negative side effects, it is an industry that can create enormous revenues. Tourism of course needs something to see. They would not come to our country to see rows of apartment buildings or new industrial parks. What is interesting for tourists is the pristine countryside that our country is known for.
Preserving the land as it is, would be good for the environment. More factories and other industries would further pollute our rivers and air. We need frees and wide open spaces to make us feel like humans, not machines.
Untouched land reminds us of our history. When we walk through the countryside, we can imagine our ancestors on the same path. If we cover the earth with asphalt and concrete, we will loose touch with our past. We will forget our roots.
Preserving the land is good not only for the economy and environment, it is good for us as citizens of our soil. We must preserve what little we have left. Can we afford not to?