Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL Test: iBT (Student Book with CD-ROM, without Answer Key) (With Audio CDs) by Deborah Phillips
Providing both a comprehensive language skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the test, the Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL® Test: IBT, by Deborah Phillips, gives intermediate students (scores of 450 to 520 on the paper TOEFL® Test or 45 to 70 on the TOEFL® iBT) all the tools they need to begin to prepare for the TOEFL® iBT integrated-skills test. Upon completion of the Introductory Course , students are ready to handle the more advanced material in Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test: IBT.
Note: You must have the Audio CDs to use the listening material (the Skills Practice, the Mini-Tests, the Complete Tests, and the TOEFL®-level Test) in the textbook. The audio material on the CD-ROM is different from that on the adio CDs. Click here to purchase the Audio CDs.
The Student Book features:
Related Posts maybe you like:
- Updated material for all the new types of passages and questions on the test.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
- Practice sections for the four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.
- Four mini-tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skills format.
- One complete introductory-level practice test.
- One TOEFL®-level test.
The CD-ROM features:
- Completely different material from that in the Student Book.
- Practice sections for all parts of the test, including speaking.
- Four mini-tests.
- One complete introductory-level practice test and one TOEFL®-level test.
- Pop-up explanations for all items on the CD-ROM.
- Easy-to-use scoring and record-keeping to monitor progress.
- New “send” feature that allows electroninc submisson of results, reports, and spoken and written responses.
About the Author
Deborah Phillips has been teaching English for over twenty-five years with an emphasis on test preparation and academic skills preparation. She has led seminars and participated in conferences on test preparation and English language teaching in Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, France, Spain, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates. She currently teaches courses for the certification of teachers in English as a second language at the University of California. Ms. Phillips is the author of the Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test series of textbooks and CD-ROMs. She is currently working on new textbooks and CD-ROMs to prepare students for the latest version of the TOEFL® test.
Free Download Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL Test: iBT (Student Book with CD-ROM, without Answer Key) (With Audio CDs) by Deborah Phillips